[C4 Patch] Active window+Anti-BodyBlock and Colored Chat with no spam

Yithian

Keltir
Reaction score
After searching through the forum & google, I couldn't find a patch that had both the active window & anti-bodyblock patches together so I looked it up and put it together myself since both features are a must for me. Neither could I find a colored chat with no spam; I mainly play spoiler and the constant chat spam of skills on cooldown or "target not spoiled/sweeper failed" gets old really quickly.
These patches just come down to preference but I wanted to share them anyway.

Both of these patches are simply modified versions of the files from this post: C4 Client Patches / Патчи на С4 клиент.
-- Active Window + Anti-BodyBlock (all in one) --
Download Mega Link
-- Colored Chat (Default Colors) + NoSpam --
Download Link

Chat with New Colors + NoSpam + Updated System Messages:
Download Link
You can see what the colors look like in the comments below.

removedlines_.jpg

Attachments

• colored-chat (default colors).zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 16
  • colored-chat (updated colors).zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
-- the download link is on the first comment of this post --

So I decided to tidy up the system messages by updating the way some of them are written and updating their colors to more pastel-like values that are easier to the eye! 🤗
Here's what the chat looks like in certain scenarios:
cht.png

While I updated most of the common system messages, there are many that remain the same (both written & color). So if you happen to try this chat, do let me know if you find colors that are out of place (most likely ones that I haven't changed).
This chat also has the "+no spam". If you want an unmodified version of it while keeping the color changes, I could restore them and upload it! 🤗

Last edited:

Okay so I took some time and actually went ahead and read all 2500 system message lines and updated the wording of some meaningful features such as trade, party, pet, summons, etc. I skimmed through many of the lines though-- 'cause I didn't wanna mess with messages for clan, wars, alliance, siege, olympiads, etc. I wouldn't know what the changes would look like so I left them as they are. I did, however, update a lot of the wording and kind of broken-english translations. Oddly enough, the file had a couple of bugs (lines pointing to wrong data), so I updated those as well. As for the colors, there wasn't much else to change. I had previously covered most of the important system messages, but again! If you download and try this chat, let me know if you find any odd-looking/mismatching color.

Last edited:

After tinkering the same system messages over and over again and not being able to make up my mind on what approach looked the best, I decided that it would actually be better to remove the present perfect tense for some of the messages that appear VERY often in the chat. For example: instead of "You have dealt N damage" now it will simply be "You dealt N damage".
This might be a matter of personal preference but, I feel like the chat gets really clogged up when the monster has a really long name-- because the system message ends up occupying the entirety of the chat window.
So in order to keep it really simple what I did was:
1- Shorten the word damage to simply dmg.
2- Moved the enemy's name to the end of the sentence so that the messages align properly with one another, keeping the chat consistently clean.
3- Kept the enemy's name inside parenthesis so that it stands out, same reason why I keep items inside brackets.
dmg.png

This also changes the system message for Toggle skills from:
"[toggle skill name] has been aborted" to "[toggle skill name] has been disabled"
toggle.png

I updated some other system messages as well such as:
"Your shield defense has succeeded" to "You blocked the attack"
"You have run out of arrows" to "You ran out of arrows"
among others that we don't see often and are not as relevant.
The colors for damage received, failed/resisted spells/attacks, critical hits are now slightly brighter as well.

Anyways, let me know what you think of this if you've been using these system messages! 🤗
As for now, I will be replacing the file completely. But I will keep a copy of it in case you don't like the chat without the present perfect tense and would like it re-uploaded.

Failing of debufs better be red.
Success of debuff better be green.
Not playable for mage\necro\over classes.
Thank you for letting me know gamer!
I had been thinking about changing the color of failed attacks to something else-- I noticed it was WAY too similar to the damage received. I was actually thinking about making it purple instead (the color I used for "target already spoiled") so that it doesn't clash with the damage received and is also easy to the eye. Here's a ss:
cfb.png

As for the "success of debuff", could you help me with a screenshot or a line of what this system message looks like? I believe my current class/level doesn't have anything like that so I sorta have no way to know which line I should be editing! Ty in advance. 🤞

Last edited:
Back