Discussions and guides \ Обсуждения и гайды
MasterToma

Re: Installation on MAC OS X

Post by MasterToma »

Try to Google it

ROOR420

Post by ROOR420 »

Fool, I'm gonna answer your PM here since Skwisgaar is having the same problem.

I really dont know any way around this, and people usually pull this off by running softwares like bootcamp and what not.

I cant really help you guys :(

Question from someone that has no experience with MAC OS: Whats the downside of having bootcamp to run it? It is way too much hassle?

Skwisgaar

Post by Skwisgaar »

Well, for me - its time consuming and a bit uncomfortable. Windows doesn’t work stable all the time, and sometimes its take a while before it stop laging. But it’s just my case.

For most - the main „downside” is that you need to boot os back and forth, and it just annoying in terms of using your computer :)

Also there are some issues with older OS X, which can make your life harder with bootcamp instalation.

Cool2fool

Post by Cool2fool »

Well, guys, I'm giving up. Tried it with wine bottler 1.8.6 and 4.xxx - still same crap, when it returns either nothing on login or disconnection. Spent quite a lot on that tbh.

If you need it, here are the "winetricks" I embedded while porting it into an app:
- fonts: corefonts, eufonts, opensymbol, tahoma
- components: d3dx9, gecko120, mfc42, msscript, msxml4, richtx32, vb6run, vcrun6, vcrun6sp6, vcrun2010, xmllite, vcrun2008, dotnet20, vjrun20

I made my research, mb will try Cider app tomorrow. Hence I am 0 in these kind of things and that was my 1st experience trying it out. Pretty sure that was lame :)

RE: why won't I use boot camp.
Well, I have none and there is no way I can go for it without purchasing Windows, unfortunately. And, yes, running 2 OS with switching back and forth becomes pain in the butt at the end of the say. So a double-click thing is something worth having.

P.S. Why do you guys call me a fool? There are 5 more symbols in the nickname, skipped from being read...

Cool2fool

Post by Cool2fool »

WEll, after investing another day into that, seems that it is server's part, which is not accepting me or something.
Other server's client porting worked out well, so as I suppose, I did everything correct while I was trying this out.

We need an expert here I guess.

@Skwisgaar,
What you can do is download Crossover.app from here: https://www.codeweavers.com/products and install the game via "setup.exe". Also, download the auto updater from Elmore. Rename the "Updater.exe" into "LineageII.exe". Then, once it's done, right-click on the Lineage 2 in the left menu, "open c drive", got to Program files->Lineage II and there replace existing "LineageII.exe" with the one you made from "Updater".
Once done, in your Crossover menu, launch the game (Play Lineage II).

Tell me if it works. If doesn't, then... well, we need someone. So far I invested 2.5 days into that... damn :|

MasterToma

Post by MasterToma »

Post picture, to which state u were able to reach. Server list?

Skwisgaar

Post by Skwisgaar »

Cool2fool wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:31 pm
WEll, after investing another day into that, seems that it is server's part, which is not accepting me or something.
Other server's client porting worked out well, so as I suppose, I did everything correct while I was trying this out.

We need an expert here I guess.

@Skwisgaar,
What you can do is download Crossover.app from here: https://www.codeweavers.com/products and install the game via "setup.exe". Also, download the auto updater from Elmore. Rename the "Updater.exe" into "LineageII.exe". Then, once it's done, right-click on the Lineage 2 in the left menu, "open c drive", got to Program files->Lineage II and there replace existing "LineageII.exe" with the one you made from "Updater".
Once done, in your Crossover menu, launch the game (Play Lineage II).

Tell me if it works. If doesn't, then... well, we need someone. So far I invested 2.5 days into that... damn :|
I was trying to run L2 with wineskin and failed, because some drivers and tricks are not compatible with Mojave, which i running :D
BUT! There is a ready to use wrappers on the internet, which seems to work for older versions of OS X. Two russian private servers made an a „port for Mac” back in the days, one for C4 and the other one for Gracia Final. The last one is still downloadable and may work if You change the client inside the wrapper. Dunno if I can drop here link for that wrapper(it provides to the site of that private server)

Also, there are guides (which i Don’t look for, but know that they are) how to break through lineage gg or frostwall with virtual machine, and play :) And some of them Work for some servers and i used it back in 2012-2014. But you can be banned automatically after some time, which is not fun.

So the best way is to find compromise about gg with admins/&devs, if there is one.

For me i’ll use bootcamp, bacause it seems like this is mine only option for right now

Cool2fool

Post by Cool2fool »

Oh, nice that you tried it. What I did was a series of installing and uninstalling wine, winebottler and so on.

Also the wrapper from l2Firebird (they have like c4 downgraded to C2) - I tried with content replacement and it faced then the same issue. Though, I am able to play on their server, which is a bit weird. But is there any GG or protection on this server? Maybe that’s the thing, which blocks me. Other than that the game launches well

MasterToma

Post by MasterToma »

L2.exe and Network.dll are changed - this is a protection. If you ran it in some Windows emulator, you might have an issue. As I wrote before, tell pls, was u able to run l2.exe? Do u see login window? Did u login? Where exactly did u fail? Server selection? Lobby? Give me the LAST succeeded screen

Cool2fool

Post by Cool2fool »

MasterToma wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:01 pm
L2.exe and Network.dll are changed - this is a protection. If you ran it in some Windows emulator, you might have an issue. As I wrote before, tell pls, was u able to run l2.exe? Do u see login window? Did u login? Where exactly did u fail? Server selection? Lobby? Give me the LAST succeeded screen
Hello Master,

Got your point. As we started the discussion here with the others, the point was as follows:
1) I run the game (no matter what - the L2.exe or Updater.exe)
2) it launches successfully, opens up the login screen
3) options work fine, I can re-set the game and so on
4) login credentials input does not work: I enter login and password, but after hitting "enter" nothing happens - like there is no connection to anything, it simply ignores input
5) after hitting enter and being idle for 5-10 seconds (screen is not frozen) the game gives "disconnected from the server" error
6) hit "ok", client closes

This is where I am stuck at.
Thank you very much for supporting me (us). Appreciate it.