looking for l2 item API

Trico

Keltir
Reaction score
Do any reliable item APIs exist for Lineage 2? I am creating a web tool for Lineage 2 and I need to be able to reference data for items (materials/ armour/ weapons) and recipes. I was hoping there might be an open API available, but I have not found one yet. I checked pmfun / L2DropSpoil and they seem to write all required data into the initial doc request based on URL, I can't see any client side API requests kicking off when I search. If these are the only reliable sources available then my plan is to create a scraper tool in Python that will parse markup from item / recipe web pages on these sites into entities that I can persist in my own database, but this will be much more work of course :)

Ideally I would just be able to hit an API and get what I need. If anyone knows of one I can use to save me this extra work I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Do any reliable item APIs exist for Lineage 2? I am creating a web tool for Lineage 2 and I need to be able to reference data for items (materials/ armour/ weapons) and recipes. I was hoping there might be an open API available, but I have not found one yet. I checked pmfun / L2DropSpoil and they seem to write all required data into the initial doc request based on URL, I can't see any client side API requests kicking off when I search. If these are the only reliable sources available then my plan is to create a scraper tool in Python that will parse markup from item / recipe web pages on these sites into entities that I can persist in my own database, but this will be much more work of course :)

Ideally I would just be able to hit an API and get what I need. If anyone knows of one I can use to save me this extra work I would appreciate it. Thanks!
this is how I went about it, wrote a script to parse html tables from existing sites
easier and closer to real itemdata would be to parse actual item files from the game server, if accuracy is something you're looking for

Last edited:
this is how I went about it, wrote a script to parse html tables from existing sites
easier and closer to real itemdata would be to parse actual item files from the game server, if accuracy is something you're looking for
Thanks for the reply, getting the item data from the server files is a great idea! Do you have any experience with that and if so do you know where these items would live in the server files?

Grab any PTS server scripts, for example C4: here from MasterToma
and then look through itemdata.txt, it's pretty descriptive
Thanks for the tip, I found the files you were referring to and they were very helpful. I considered setting up the server so I could take the normalised data from the MSSQL db...but in the end I decided just to write my own parser that takes directly from the txt files, it only took a couple of hours and did not require much code using a local Node app. I decided to create a customised structure which excludes erroneous data and also splits up the items into sub entities (weapon, armour etc). I have now loaded all the data into NoSQL MongoDB collections and have the base I need to work with :) so now it is time to build the client/ server parts :)

Thanks again for the tip!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.43.36.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.43.36.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.43.54.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.43.54.png
    229.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.43.59.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.43.59.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 23.44.05.png