1+1 Box Limitations

General Discussion
Bruhaha

Re: 1+1 Box Limitations

Post by Bruhaha »

Let's see what happens, I hope this will make ppl interact more. I'll start a sword singer next week to play as an active support, I hope I'll find ppl to play along.
Bruhaha - silver ranger
Torstein - sword singer
Skaade - prophet

leonardo88

Post by leonardo88 »

Im not agree with this... not at this moment ... we dont have the amount of players to implement that... 1+2 is aceptable .. why u can log buffer at u leveling spot... buff u self and then log the buffer out and log song and dances with u main ... but 1+1 with this population means that much ppl will left the server ...

In old times there was no box limitation....

I dont want play a server with 1+1 limitation if i dont can use the proper buffs to lvl and help the new incoming players..there are not enough ppl

Thats my opinion...

i want play like old times ..... not " fake old times"

i want to make my onw clan with all the chars that i need... the most important are the buffers... and of course spoiler and crafter...

if i as player want to help a new player... i want to help with buffs and gear... and that its not possible with 1+1 limitation...

I think i muss look for an other server.

grigoris21

Post by grigoris21 »

Roor and mastertoma if you want to reduce the boxes to 1+1 while you have the time of dances+songs at 2 minutes it's a big mistake and there are some chances for you to lose some players. If you want to decrease the boxes to 1+1 i think you should increase the dance+songs time, for me you have to increase it to 10 minutes at least. My plan was to buff my spellsinger with buffs and empower and then i would have 3 boxes (spellsinger+dancer+songer) and the server would still count as an old school server. I agree with some people who don't like the 1+1

boOm

Post by boOm »

Limitations - the road to nowhere

On any official / unofficial server - there were no actual restrictions (monthly subscription for each account on off-servers) As well as on the classics.
In this case, any suggestions of restrictions - scare away the main audience of these chronicles and the game as a whole. People want to be free to choose how to play and how to spend their time. Any restriction on windows is an attempt on this freedom and will greatly harm the entire community, as well as the reputation of the project.

boOm

Post by boOm »

Instead of gathering an audience of at least 500-1000 active players - cutting off a good portion of the current players - this already happened ... Everyone remembers how it ended (before it even started)
The project should collect a larger number of players (not 300-400) - then it would be possible to introduce a subscription, but then those who were not ready to pay initially would stop playing (again, look at the experience of other servers where they solved the problem - paying for boxes with coins that could be bought for adena from players who paid for them with real money)
Either enter a subscription from the start - or not enter it at all.

qinolj

Post by qinolj »

Una pena, la verdad que por lejos fue uno de los mejores servidores que jugué en este ultimo tiempo, Gravedad zero o l2 cl nunca tuvieron una prohibición o limitación de ventanas, ahora que pasa? los nuevos entran limitados, cuando un pj lvl 40 va a alcanzar a mains lvls 66+ con 1 suppor atrás? creo que se cansaran de jugar solos y se irán del servidor, fue bueno hasta que empezaron a meter cambios extraños, creo que ya la limitación de 1+3 se había vuelto aun mas divertido pero sobre que el numero de players es super reducido una reducción mas fuerte haría que el servidor muera del todo, ya no hay servidores de l2 como la gente, quedaba este con un proyecto esperanzador y creativo, pero con estos cambios no creo que dure, la mejor de las suerte para todo el Staff que siempre estuvo atento a todas las dudas de los jugadores, pero creo que la gran mayoría estaba en contra de 1+1 solo quedaran pocos y creo que eso no atraerá mas gente por la desventaja que ya tienen de varios meses, Saludos

BeelzeBoss

Basch

Post by Basch »

Puede resultar algo dificultoso para los nuevos, pero a 40 llegan muy rápido... en 3/4 dias tendrían que empezar a questear... dado que siempre hay alguien predispuesto a dar equipo inicial... y si conseguis apadrinazgo de algún clan... mas rapido aún.

A nivel alto creo que encuentro mas dificultades para levelear a un ritmo veloz... En el clan, pasaba que un mago soleaba full buff y de free party... -y subia a los pedos-(PP SE BD) ... y ahora necesitas al menos 3 on para armar algo similar y se levelea lo mas bien y sin estar parando a bufear ni nada, bien dinámico. Y una de archer entre 4/5... de a dos clientes va perfecto (ni hablar si tenes BD - SWS activos). El juego comienza en 20, se consolida en 40, y en 50+ creo que ya tenes que tener un grupito que juegue en tu mismo horario que complemente.

Questeando, a 40 llegas equipado.
LVl 8 a 15: Honguitos (Lvl 18 arañas en Dark Elven... segun raza)
Lvl 15-25: grim Collector (21 podes hacer Vanquish Revenant en Gludin)
25+ 40: Black Lion en Dion-Giran (requisito hacer Vanquish Revenant antes)
Con esas quest llegas a 40 con adena para equiparte.

Si conseguis clan antes mejor, se comienza a reclutar en 20+, algunos en 40+ y otros en 50+.

Goldmoon

Post by Goldmoon »

Watching it over some weeks now, i dare say the 1+1 limitation has almost no effect. Not enough new players. As a new PP or SE you will have a hard time finding any party, so almost nobody even tries it.

Buffs through coins are quite good but even if you dont want to spend coins, as a nuker for example you level a SE along. SE got empower. For Acumen 2 and zerk all you have to do is level a cleric to 35 and place him at your leveling spot. Every 20 minutes you log out your SE, log in the cleric and rebuff.
Know some guys who do it that way (me included).

Same goes for VR. There you just need a lvl 30 SO.

The loging and reloging is cumbersome, but much easier than to level someone else along and be dependend on him.

To avoid all this you would need a 0 box rule and get rid of vote coins. (which would be a quite unpopular).

Basch

Post by Basch »

I think we can analyze that the 1 + 1 box arrangement did not have a great impact on the day to day of a server with two defined schedules: Europe - America. The decision hasn't increased the login and perhaps thinking about modifying it may be helpful.

Will there be the possibility of proposing a change to 1 + 2 through popular opinion or vote?
Maybe it would be keppin' a 1 + 1 for Sieges and the rest of the time a 1 + 2.
I would like to see what people think ... beyond Toma's decision.

ROOR420

Post by ROOR420 »

We appreciate your input, but this was a long (LONG) discussed subject.

The 1+1 box limitation will remain as is.