About the new trading changes

Cyklon123

Keltir
Reaction score
Hello there. I saw in discord the new changes about the buff that from 5 days will last 3 days and I wanted to say few words about that and also I ask the reason behind this decision if I may.
I'm playing more than 2 years in x3 and I can not denied is the best server I ever play over the 16 years I play this game. Very serious and careful desicions about admins, no dramas, no bans without reason, always there to support and protect you. No compains about that. Really. But in one matter I think they have been bad desicions (always in my point of view) and I speak for trading.
When I start to play the server the economy and the shops was massive. Literally you can find anything. Any thing you can imagine you can go and find it. From books, to SA cry, to any set, keys. I never had such experience on other server. But when the first change come and the entrance of the buff the offline traders from 3200+ go down in few months to 2400 +-. This was a huge downside about the goods of the market. Also from 7 days the traders online the went to 5.. After the release of x1 and x5 server the traders go down even more to 1700. This because people leave the x3 and join the x1 and now the x5. Playing now in x3 I feel so alone because the market and the server is not healthy as it was when I join. I searched for days some OL spellbooks but no hope. If I search them before 1 year, this will be no problem but who will sell spellbooks in the market? Few traders . The MDT is a bit empty compare it the old times. So I log in my dagger (im lucky that I had some dagger somewhere) and went in DO to find people farm them and give me the spellbooks. I waiting 1 hour!! until the drop them and give them to me and I was lucky that these people was kind to help me on that. In old days I will had the option to buy them without worries.
And now after the 5 days of trading the offline traders will go max 3 days and I ask what is the reason of that? This will go down even more the traders and the goods of the server. I have 4 crafters in giran and in many things im the only person who craft some b grade gear. Really im the only one. I remove my crafters for few weeks and see shouts "WTB CRAFT THIS, WTB CRAFT THAT PM". One person told me it was mistake from me to remove the crafters from the market. Because without crafters no market can move on. Is how the game works. Also crafters have 7 days but if the craft "for free 1 adena" goods. No reason to log my crafters for free. I do not farm them with so much effort and log them for nothing. So the crafters who want to have some fair trade no have some protection on that. after 3 days they will go down. I can not imagine what chaos will become but is certain the traders and crafters will become much more less and I do not understand why this decision was made especially on x3 which now lags of ppl and traders.
Pls think once again if this decision is good and if really helps the server to be better. But if you believe that in my words I have some right, pls think it again and not make this change. But Im a player and you are the admins. The final decision is yours. I really care about the health of the server believe it or not and for me is very sad that at this moment the server is not health as it was before 1-2 years. And this change will not help the server and the players inside.

Hello there. I saw in discord the new changes about the buff that from 5 days will last 3 days and I wanted to say few words about that and also I ask the reason behind this decision if I may.
I'm playing more than 2 years in x3 and I can not denied is the best server I ever play over the 16 years I play this game. Very serious and careful desicions about admins, no dramas, no bans without reason, always there to support and protect you. No compains about that. Really. But in one matter I think they have been bad desicions (always in my point of view) and I speak for trading.
When I start to play the server the economy and the shops was massive. Literally you can find anything. Any thing you can imagine you can go and find it. From books, to SA cry, to any set, keys. I never had such experience on other server. But when the first change come and the entrance of the buff the offline traders from 3200+ go down in few months to 2400 +-. This was a huge downside about the goods of the market. Also from 7 days the traders online the went to 5.. After the release of x1 and x5 server the traders go down even more to 1700. This because people leave the x3 and join the x1 and now the x5. Playing now in x3 I feel so alone because the market and the server is not healthy as it was when I join. I searched for days some OL spellbooks but no hope. If I search them before 1 year, this will be no problem but who will sell spellbooks in the market? Few traders . The MDT is a bit empty compare it the old times. So I log in my dagger (im lucky that I had some dagger somewhere) and went in DO to find people farm them and give me the spellbooks. I waiting 1 hour!! until the drop them and give them to me and I was lucky that these people was kind to help me on that. In old days I will had the option to buy them without worries.
And now after the 5 days of trading the offline traders will go max 3 days and I ask what is the reason of that? This will go down even more the traders and the goods of the server. I have 4 crafters in giran and in many things im the only person who craft some b grade gear. Really im the only one. I remove my crafters for few weeks and see shouts "WTB CRAFT THIS, WTB CRAFT THAT PM". One person told me it was mistake from me to remove the crafters from the market. Because without crafters no market can move on. Is how the game works. Also crafters have 7 days but if the craft "for free 1 adena" goods. No reason to log my crafters for free. I do not farm them with so much effort and log them for nothing. So the crafters who want to have some fair trade no have some protection on that. after 3 days they will go down. I can not imagine what chaos will become but is certain the traders and crafters will become much more less and I do not understand why this decision was made especially on x3 which now lags of ppl and traders.
Pls think once again if this decision is good and if really helps the server to be better. But if you believe that in my words I have some right, pls think it again and not make this change. But Im a player and you are the admins. The final decision is yours. I really care about the health of the server believe it or not and for me is very sad that at this moment the server is not health as it was before 1-2 years. And this change will not help the server and the players inside.
I understand your concern, so let me expand on this topic.
First of all, the majority of shops is owned by regular people who will not have any issues re-setting their shop every 3 days instead of 5, very few people who have like 50+ shops will be affected because of the time investment. The amount of scam-shops and empty shops (with sold out stock and an anchor like a tutorial book for 10kk) will be reduced. The market will be different for sure, but 3 days mark will motivate people to refresh their stock more frequently instead of leaving their char without checking for almost a week. And the last point - the load on the server will decrease. Every character, every move, every item dropped creates a small disturbance, whoever remembers sieges on x1 from C1 - can remember how some players caused mass disconnects for their enemies because of the many items that they've dropped on the ground at the gates. People were also unhappy about the introduction of our current offline-trading system, which is understandable, changes are scary, but in the end everything went well.

Ty for your answer and fast response. Mighty this will help the scam shops which to be fair have become 10 times less after the buff change but will not affect the real traders. Even if you make it 1 day these ppl will continue to do what they was made to do. For them is tgeir job. But casual ppl will hurt more and also the lag of crafters. Go check how many crafters are inside at this moment? Few to craft gear. Also tgey ask a fortune to craft ss when while ago ask few adenas. If the new change will be made, the crafters and the health of the server will go down more. No one need unhealthy market without crafters.
For the change that at first is hard but after all are ok I desagree. The x3 market never recovery from the entrance of the buff. X1 server play role too but the traders was 3200+ and now are 1700. After the new change will drop even more. Many ppl will start to complain more in shouts about goods.
I suggest a delay of this change until the servers with x5 become 1 and the market become more lively. Right now this will hurt the server. Or at least give free pass to crafters. Crafters must be online. No crafters no game. You know better this. Pls think a bit more about this change atleast on x3 server which atm suffer on many things until the fusion

Last edited:
Ty for your answer and fast response. Mighty this will help the scam shops which to be fair have become 10 times less after the buff change but will not affect the real traders. Even if you make it 1 day these ppl will continue to do what they was made to do. For them is tgeir job. But casual ppl will hurt more and also the lag of crafters. Go check how many crafters are inside at this moment? Few to craft gear. Also tgey ask a fortune to craft ss when while ago ask few adenas. If the new change will be made, the crafters and the health of the server will go down more. No one need unhealthy market without crafters.
For the change that at first is hard but after all are ok I desagree. The x3 market never recovery from the entrance of the buff. X1 server play role too but the traders was 3200+ and now are 1700. After the new change will drop even more. Many ppl will start to complain more in shouts about goods.
I suggest a delay of this change until the servers with x5 become 1 and the market become more lively. Right now this will hurt the server. Or at least give free pass to crafters. Crafters must be online. No crafters no game. You know better this. Pls think a bit more about this change atleast on x3 server which atm suffer on many things until the fusion
How's that gonna change things for crafters? Most of them were leveled up for the sole purpose of sitting offline and selling their crafts. 5 to 3 isn't that big of a difference to abandon your char, especially if it passively makes money.

Last edited:
How's that gonna change things for crafters? Most of them were leveled up for the sole purpose of sitting offline and selling their crafts. 5 to 3 isn't that big of a difference to abandon your char, especially if it passively makes money.
I think you do not get my point. Before the buff entrance crafters was everywhere. mdt, giran, even aden. craft SS for 1 adena or few adena, and any kind of gear. even D grade. After the entrance of the buff people stop to log their crafters in the game. this cost a lot to the server. few crafters left. They just boring to log their crafters in the game after the changes of the buff. And now this will become worse. Even me i do not know if I keep up to log my crafters every 3 days. In the end i will pay so much effort and will be no joy for me. I assumed others will do. But as I said, the final decision is on admins. I suggest few options at least now that the server has few people left before the fusion. But if admins want to make this change, lets sit and see what will happened. I really hope you have right and Im just only me who get affect about this change. I really hope

Before the buff there were lots of crafters - dozens, if not more - selling their 1-5 adena stuff, whatever it is, sometimes just to keep the juicy spot for themselves, you can't really do anything but ask GM to kick this character. Was really hard to find what you're looking for. They still do, but to a lesser degree.

Back